Friday, May 13, 2011

Breaking Point

Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)Breaking Point by Pamela Clare

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Great Book!!


So I kind of cheated on this book because I have not read the first books in the series...but this book looked so good that I had to chance being lost. Good news - I was not lost at all and the book was everything that I thought it would be. The characters from the other books are involved but I could follow without problems and now am adding the rest of the series to my TBR list.

This book was about Zach, a Chief Deputy US Marshall who is in a bit of a bind when he meets our heroine Natalie (who is also in a similar bind). They are both being held in Mexico by the drug cartel (Zetas), for different reasons but both going to die horrible deaths.

The story is about the escape, being on the run and making it back to the USA in one piece - however both missing something as they go their own ways. Zach is holding onto a lot of hurt from when he was a SEAL and all his buddies died except him - he is suffering PTSD and does not think he could have a life with Natalie and she is living a less than happy life mourning for 6 years her fiance and parents who were all killed during Katrina. Both try to go back to their lives before the kidnapping however are pulled back together when they find out that Natalie's life is still in danger. Her kidnapping had less to do with being in the wrong place at the wrong time and more to do with a story she was writing as a journalist for a newspaper.

Great story - very intense and the romance is yummy. On to the first in the series!!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment